The Heart's Right Ventricle: The true Achilles' heel of the endurance athlete?
As Prof André La Gerche remarks: "You do not test a racing car while it is sitting in the garage. Similarly, you can't assess an athlete's heart until you assess it under the stress of exercise". Methods for measuring right ventricular function are relatively simple and could be easily integrated into clinical routine. If you are an athlete with heart beat irregularities, you just might want to discuss these new findings with your own cardiologist.A summary of these findings that were published in the European Heart Journal earlier this year can be found here.
|Tags: Athlete’s heart Most Popular|
Check Out Our
Most Popular Articles
- The Heart's Right Ventricle: The true Achilles' heel of the endurance athl...
- Doing aerobic exercise and ignoring strength exercises is like rememberi...
- Screening athletes for heart problems: More harm than good?
- Rip Currents, Heart Health and Water Safety
- ACC/AHA Updated Recommendations for Competitive Athletes with Cardiovascu...